National Animal Interest Alliance

Thursday, May 22, 2008

In Memoriam-Bonnie Underfoot


And God asked the feline spirit,

"Are you ready to come home?"

"Oh, yes, quite so," replied the precious soul,

"And, as a cat, you know I am most able to decide anything for myself."


"Are you coming then?" asked God.

"Soon," replied the whiskered angel,

"But I must come slowly, for my human friend is troubled

For, you see, she needs me, quite certainly."


"But doesn't she understand?" asked God, "That you'll never leave her?

That your souls are intertwined. For all eternity?

That nothing is created or destroyed? It just is....forever and ever and ever."


"Eventually she will understand," replied the glorious cat,

"For I will whisper into her heart that I am always with her,

I just am....forever and ever and ever."


Bonnie, we miss you and love you.

5 comments:

Gemini and Ichiro said...

Hugs to you from all of us!

Daisy said...

It is very hard to lose a friend like Bonnie, especially since it was so unexpected. Many {{hugs}} to you.

Halloween said...

Hi Alexi. I'm sending you belated hugs and thanks for your comment on my blog during the Food Dude's recent illness. Thank you for taking the time to send him good wishes and strength to help keep me on the job as Comfort Cat.

Hugs and purrs, Halloween and her people

KC and the Giggleman Kitties said...

Thank you for the birthday wishes.

That is a beautiful tribute to Bonnie, love that poem.

In honor of Miss Bonnie an the Day/ Weekend/ Holiday of HUGS, here’s ours:
*******hugs******* (KC)
*******hugs******* (Missy)
*******hugs******* (Faith)
*******hugs******* (Sol)
*******hugs******* (Smokey)
*******hugs******* (BJ)

Love, ML & The Sherwood Bunch

Tiger Lily said...

We will miss Bonnie very much.

{{{{{{Hugs}}}}}} for all of you from all of us!

Jemima, Zeke, Sushi, Tiger Lily and Ruckus